Upgrade PixelExperience on ginkgoBack to the overview
Manually upgrading PixelExperience
The updater app does not support upgrades from one version of PixelExperience to another, and will block installation to any update for a different version. Upgrading manually requires similar steps to installing PixelExperience for the first time.
- Download the PixelExperience install package that you’d like to install or build the package yourself.
- Make sure your computer has working
adb. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Reboot into recovery by running
adb reboot recovery, or by performing the following:
- With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Power. Keep holding both buttons until the “MI” logo appears on the screen, then release.
- Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition (if you have one).
- Return to the main menu.
- Sideload the PixelExperience
- On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
- On the host machine, sideload the package using:
adb sideload filename.zip.Tip: Normally, adb will report
Total xfer: 1.00x, but in some cases, even if the process succeeds the output will stop at 47% and report
adb: failed to read command: Success. In some cases it will report
adb: failed to read command: No erroror
adb: failed to read command: Undefined error: 0which is also fine.
- Once you have installed everything successfully, click the back arrow in the top left of the screen, then “Reboot system now”.
If you have any questions or get stuck on any of the steps, feel free to ask on our Telegram group.