Upgrade PixelExperience on kunlun2Back to the overview
Manually upgrading PixelExperience
The updater app does not support upgrades from one version of PixelExperience to another, and will block installation to any update for a different version. Upgrading manually requires similar steps to installing PixelExperience for the first time.
- Download the PixelExperience install package that you’d like to install or build the package yourself.
- Make sure your computer has working
adb. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Reboot into recovery by running
adb reboot recovery, or by performing the following:
- With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Power.
- Wipe your data partition (this is usually named “Wipe”, or “Format”)
Warning: Without this step your device will not boot on the new version!
adb reboot sideload.Important: The device may reboot to a blank black screen, fear not, this is a known bug on some recoveries, proceed with the instructions.
adb sideload /path/to/zip(inserting the path to your PixelExperience package).
(Optionally): If you want to install any additional add-ons, click
ADB Sideload, then swipe to begin sideload, then
adb sideload /path/to/zipthose packages in sequence.
- Once you have installed everything successfully, run
If you have any questions or get stuck on any of the steps, feel free to ask on our Telegram group.