Upgrade PixelExperience on miatollBack to the overview
Manually upgrading PixelExperience
The updater app does not support upgrades from one version of PixelExperience to another, and will block installation to any update for a different version. Upgrading manually requires similar steps to installing PixelExperience for the first time.
- Download the PixelExperience install package that you’d like to install or build the package yourself.
- Make sure your computer has working
adb. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Reboot into recovery by running
adb reboot recovery, or by performing the following:
- With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Power. When Xiaomi/POCO/Redmi splash appears, release Power and keep pressed Volume Up until recovery appears.
- Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition (if you have one).
- Return to the main menu.
- Sideload the PixelExperience
- On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
- On the host machine, sideload the package using:
adb sideload filename.zip.Tip: If the process succeeds the output will stop at 47% and report
adb: failed to read command: Success/No error.
- Once you have installed everything successfully, click the back arrow in the top left of the screen, then “Reboot system now”.
If you have any questions or get stuck on any of the steps, feel free to ask on our Telegram group.