How to connect to adb over wifiBack to the overview
In some cases it might be required to get adb access to your phone without plugging in a cable:
- Charging port is in bad shape
- The data cable is broken
- The cable is in another room and you are a couch-potato
Important: Make sure no device is connected to your computer via cable, otherwise any command used after connection won’t get through to the correct device
Note: This method is supported natively since Android 11.
On your phone
- Go to the developer settings
Enable Wireless debugging
Pair device with pairing code
You will see a dialog showing you IP address, port and a code.
On your computer
- Open a command line window
adb pair <ip>:<port>and replace
portwith the data seen on the phone
- You will be asked for the pairing code. Type it in and hit
- You will now see an output similar to
Successfully paired to <ip>:<port>
Additionally you will get a notification on your device.